Gutenberg introduced several innovations to WordPress, but the main difference is the introduction of blocks between it and the traditional WordPress editor. They are primarily shortcodes, widgets, and formatting tools.
Gutenberg editor has introduced a new way to edit the content on WordPress. This new block-based system is way more quicker, more productive, and can be much improved. Even though Gutenberg developed its plugin, There are still a lot of plugins that have made a significant contribution even before Gutenberg releases its own. These plugins helped developers to improve the functionality and features of Gutenberg.
See what 10 of the best plugins Gutenberg has to bring!
Ultimate Addon for Gutenberg
If you want additional blocks for building your Gutenberg website, this is probably one of the best blocks plugin available.
The Ultimate Addon for Gutenberg has a bunch of useful new blocks that help you to create personalized content, with infoboxes, multi buttons, and more. This plugin also allows you to display your other WordPress content in a Gutenberg editor theme with a wide variety of post grids and carousels.
- Post Masonry Block – Fetches the blog posts on your website and displays them in a masonry layout. You can customize the way your posts look and manage settings like the featured image, the content you want to display, etc.
- Post Carousel Block – Wish to create a post slider in which your blog posts appear within a carousel? The Post Carousel block allows you to display posts in a carousel and manage their settings and the content you wish to display within them.
- Multi Buttons – This Gutenberg block allows you to add multiple buttons within a single block. You can add as many as 1 to 5 buttons with a Multi-Button block. Furthermore, it gives you additional settings for every button and allows you to manage spacing and responsive settings too.
Gutenberg Blocks and Template Library by Otter
Otter Block is a lightweight WordPress Plugin for Gutenberg that adds additional Gutenberg blocks to your website. Otter Blocks comes with dozens of blocks in Gutenberg, all of which you need to create lovely attractive posts, pages, and landing pages. Also, the plugin offers the beautiful library of previously-built templates that can be imported by one click along with the Gutenberg blocks. The templates are compatible with any layouts and can be easily customized.
- Section Block – This feature allows you to build columns and various layouts in Gutenberg.
- Google Maps Block – This block lets you embed Google maps on your website.
- Sharing Icon Block – Lets you add social sharing icons on your WordPress articles easily.
Atomic Blocks – Gutenberg Blocks Collection
Atomic Blocks is a new collection of blocks for Gutenberg. With Atomic Blocks, you can quickly create and build a website and give you more control in managing it. Along with the content blocks you’ll find in Atomic Blocks, they are also publishing useful articles and tutorials to help you get started with Gutenberg.
- Section & Layout Block – This block includes a suite of layout tools, including the new Section & Layout window, which gives you quick access to a growing collection of page sections and full page layouts.
- Advanced Columns Block – Gives you a powerful, flexible column system to build custom, full-page layouts for your posts and pages.
- Post Grid Block – Gives you quick access to a beautiful post grid and post list that can be added to any post or page on your site.
Kadence Blocks – Gutenberg Page Builder Toolkit
Kadence Blocks offers tools to enable WordPress users to quickly construct exclusive and meaningful content in the traditional WordPress editor. This plugin is available for both free and premium features. The free version consists of 10 custom blocks, and this plugin also lets you deactivate other blocks that you are no longer using.
- Row Layout Block – Lets you create very custom backgrounds and define padding, margin, and dividers both for desktop and mobile layouts.
- Advanced Heading Block – Provides full control for your headings, including font family, font weight, font style, font size, line height, color, etc. Plus, you can define part of the heading as a highlight and style it uniquely.
- Tabs Block – You can set up vertical or horizontal tabs, plus there are options to switch to an accordion setup for mobile. Each tab content is an empty canvas able to contain any other block within it.
CoBlocks – Page Builder Gutenberg Blocks
This next WordPress plugin provides a set of blocks for the Gutenberg page building — this plugin is CoBlocks. It offers different customization features for each new block. Another thing that makes this plugin different is that it provides custom typography controls. All-in-all, CoBlocks is a handy tool if you’re looking to create unique content.
- Rows and Columns Blocks – Lets design dynamic grid-based layouts.
- Carousel Gallery Block – Allows you to create a carousel gallery and display your pictures.
- Alert Block – Create attractive notifications and add them to your WordPress posts and pages.
Stackable – Page Builder Gutenberg Blocks
Stackable is a WordPress plugin that provides 22 new, completely responsive blocks. It comes with a variety of features that can be useful to anyone, from bloggers to e-commerce sites. Stackable adds vital custom blocks to give you a true page builder experience within the Block Editor. Stackable gives you a suite of high-quality blocks, each with its own accurate page builder options that let you build the perfect website and landing page you’re looking for.
- Card Block – Lets you showcase a page section with a card.
- Video Popup Block – You can use it to view a pop-up video on your homepage that will open in full-screen when you click on it.
- Feature Grid Block – Lets you show your product features or portfolio in stylish grid layouts.
Advance Gutenberg Blocks
Take control of the new Gutenberg editor with user edit profile settings and 20 + new blocks and options. Advanced Gutenberg adds missing blocks and configuration that you need to create qualified websites. The plugin also gives you advanced block control options to allow blocks as per user function.
- Columns Manager Block – Predefined customizable columns to allow you to add multi-column content to WordPress.
- Counter Block – Allows you to display numbers like total sales attractively.
- Advanced List Block – Build visually appealing lists with unique list icons and designs.